How can we help?
Long leases include provisions by the freeholder to repair, maintain and insure the building and by the leaseholder to pay their share of the cost in the form of a service charge. Freeholders must follow certain mandatory requirements if they wish to recover the cost and, before leaseholders pay the cost they will want to ensure that the service charge is reasonable and of a reasonable standard.
Our services include (but are not limited to):
- Setting and recovery of service charges, including the sinking fund
- Challenging the service charges
- Consultation process for qualifying works
- Statutory Controls on service charge demands
- Accounting for the charges
Why use us?
The rules surrounding service charge demands are very complex, particularly if works exceed the statutory limit for any single leaseholder to pay. If a freeholder does not follow the correct process, this could result in the leaseholder being able to refuse payment of service charge (due to unlawful demands) and/or could mean that a freeholder is limited to the funds they are able to recover under service charge provisions.
Our team is on hand to assist you with any queries you may have and to take the stress away from issuing said demands, and any disputes which may flow from the same.
Key benefits include:
- A bespoke, friendly, and personalised service
- An experienced, professional, and courteous service
- Free initial consultation
- Honest and straightforward advice
- One point of contact throughout the claim
- Flexible appointments in the office, over the telephone or via online video platforms
- Competitive fixed fee services
Our team are familiar with the complex rules surrounding service charges, as well as the procedures to follow in the event of a dispute.
We pride ourselves on giving concise, pragmatic advice to both leaseholders and freeholders, and can offer a balanced approach to service charge dispute resolution.
All initial enquiries are completely free of charge so please do not hesitate to call us to discuss your requirements further.
After the initial discussion, we will be able to provide you with a competitive quote for works required to be carried out.
Make a Free Enquiry
Call us now on 0333 202 1132 or complete our free online enquiry form below for a free, no obligation discussion and let us explain your legal rights and options.