Managing Director & Head of Litigation
I am a solicitor and the Managing Director of Lawcomm Solicitors
Areas of Practice:
My main areas of practice are commercial litigation, professional negligence, employment law, debt collection, landlord and tenant, contentious probate, regulatory law and general non-contentious commercial work.
I also undertake management and business development duties for the firm.
- Acting in High Court defamation proceedings concerning libellous social media posts and breaches of data protection legislation.
- Acting for a widow in defending a million pound claim against her husbands estate by the deceased's former girlfriend and children.
- Acting for a partner in a contested dissolution of a business partnership involving substantial and worldwide assets.
- Acting in company and shareholder disputes.
- Acting in several recent cases involving trusts of land (TOLATA) and the establishment of beneficial rights in property.
- Acting in professional negligence actions against accountants, surveyors, financial advisers and solicitors.
- Acting for employers and employees in employment law matters including unfair and constructive dismissal, redundancy, whistle blowing and discrimination.
- Acting in injunction proceedings to prevent breaches of confidentiality and to enforce restraint of trade clauses by former employee.
- Advising upon and drafting settlement agreements.
- Acting for landlords and property owners in rent arrears and possession claims including the eviction of trespassers.
- Acting in property disputes including breach of a sale contract, building disputes, dilapidations, contested business tenancy renewals, breaches of covenant and enforcement of rights of way.
- Acting in breach of contract, breach of trust and financial mis-selling litigation.
- Undertaking own advocacy at court and mediation hearings.
- Enforcement of debts and judgments by various methods including warrants, charging orders, bankruptcy and winding up orders.
- Drafting staff handbooks and policies, commercial agency and distribution contracts, software agreements, terms and conditions, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements and company formation documents.
I am a volunteer cricket coach (level 2) for my local community cricket club. However, a majority of my time outside of work is absorbed by my young family.