There a various financial orders available which deal with income and capital such as
1. Maintenance pending suit – this is a short-term order to provide maintenance until the court can make a periodical payments order
2. Periodical payments – these are regular amounts of maintenance paid by one spouse to the other
3. Lump sum – payment of a cash sum from one spouse to the other
4. Property adjustment – this can relate to the home or to any other property the parties own – one spouse can transfer the property to the other or one spouse can set up a trust over property in favour of the other or the property can be sold.
5. Pensions – this involves the pension fund beings split between the parties (not available for judicial separation)