Help from our matrimonial expert with various options for financial provision.

Chevron Down

Financial Provision

There a various financial orders available which deal with income and capital such as

1. Maintenance pending suit – this is a short-term order to provide maintenance until the court can  make a  periodical payments order

2. Periodical payments – these are regular amounts of maintenance paid by one spouse to the other

3. Lump sum – payment of a cash sum from one spouse to the other

4. Property adjustment – this can relate to the home or to any other property the parties own – one spouse can transfer the property to the other or  one spouse can set up a trust over property in favour of the other or the property can be sold.

5. Pensions – this involves the pension fund beings split between the parties (not available for judicial separation)